Facial aging, loss of volume, and loss of skin elasticity are ongoing processes occurring throughout a lifetime. Surgery is the gold standard for facial rejuvenation. Still, the prolonged recovery time and numerous complications force the search for alternatives. Consequently, the best available treatment is an office-based, minimally invasive, safe, and cost-effective technique like PDO thread lift – non-surgical facelift. Indeed, PDO thread lift is a quick, effective anti-aging facial rejuvenation procedure with instant results that takes less than 45 minutes to complete. Of course, PDO threads are FDA and EMA-approved for aesthetic and cosmetic uses.
What is a PDO Thread?
Polydioxanone (PDO) thread is an extremely thin biodegradable, medical-grade polymer thread that doesn’t produce tissue inflammation. Polydioxanone threads are ideal for biomedical use because the body fully absorbs them without producing scar tissue. Currently, PDO threads allow aesthetic practitioners to mold or modify the physical appearance of the face, neck, and body. In fact, practitioners use PDO threads to lift, reduce, and tight furrows, wrinkles, and sagging skin in minutes. To emphasize, the treatment doesn’t require cuts, or knots, making it perfect for cosmetic applications in any part of the skin. In addition, polydioxanone threads stimulate the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid in tissues around them.
PDO Thread Types
PDO threads come in two basic types, but their variety of lengths and thickness depends on their intended use. On type is smooth, a few centimeters long, allowing its application virtually in any part of the skin. In contrast, the other type, called Cog Threads, has multiple tiny hooks that grip and pull the skin. Therefore, PDO Cog Threads are indicated for facial lift. Any area in which skin furrows, folds or wrinkles reduction must oppose gravity force.
How Is the PDO Thread Lift Procedure Performed?
- Select the area to treat and mark the threads’ trajectory to avoid misplacing.
- Clean and disinfect the area and its surroundings.
- Apply a topical or injected anesthetic.
- Use the provided needle to make a small incision on the distal portion of the skin.
- Insert the cannula into the small hole you made and follow your chosen trajectory straight, moving forward. The cannula and thread must be inserted below the hypodermis at its junction with the subcutaneous tissue.
- Anchor the thread into a place at the end of your chosen trajectory and pull out the cannula
- Apply gentle traction by pulling the thread, keeping the needed correction. Afterwards, apply light pressure over the treated area to compress the skin and reshape it. (this step may be repeated after the last thread is inserted in the selected area
- Cut any visible thread remnant.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 until you get the expected facial lift or skin rejuvenation.
- Clean and disinfect the treated area.
Why Neogenesis PDO Threads Are Plastic Surgeons First Option for Thread Lift
Neogenesis PDO threads are made by multiples polymers of polydioxanone. Numerous clinical trials and laboratory tests have proven its safety and effectiveness. The Neogenesis brand provides exceptional quality at the lowest price. Furthermore, Neogenesis threads comes in various diameters and types, covering all the thread lifting scope. In addition, Neogenesis PDO Threads provide consistent results and have six months duration on average.
Neogenesis Four Different Presentations of Types of Threads for Treatment Personalization
- Neogenesis thread mono is made as a single thread.
- Neogenesis Multi is obtained by twisting two or three threads or polydioxanone.
- Neogenesis Cog contains multiple tiny hooks.
- Neogenesis Combi is the thicker barber thread for maximum traction and fixation.
PDO Threads Main Indications
- Face rejuvenation, Contouring, and enhancement
- Body contouring
- Skin correction, rejuvenation and tightening
- Wrinkle reduction
- Brow lift
- Nose augmentation
- Neck lift
- Double chin elimination
- Cellulitis reduction
- Abdominal reduction and tightening
- Arm tightening
- Chest tightening
- Crow’s feet
- Eye contouring
PDO Threads Lifting Provides Immediate Results
The PDO thread lifting treatment results are noticed as soon as the treatment finish. Remarkably, texturized procedures and treating more than one area produce more dramatic changes. Furthermore, collagen and extracellular matrix reorganization become more evident as time passes. If you have any inquiries or want to learn more, contact us.